Friday, May 6, 2011

Thirty

A week ago, Steve was talking to his mom about my mom's visit and our upcoming birthdays and he made the comment to his mother, "Yes, Em is turning twenty-nine again." I gave him a look and shook my head. I don't want to "turn" twenty-nine again, nor do I want to lie about my age. I am thrilled and excited about turning thirty. My best guy friend (who is arriving tonight with my best girlfriend and their littles) mourned for a month when he turned thirty a couple of years ago. I am sure for some turning thirty is a big deal (remember Ross from Friends?)

I'm thrilled to be thirty, and I am tolerable of the three or four gray hairs that have made themselves known (for the record, they showed up long before I turned thirty). There was a time in my life where I didn't know health-wise if I would make it this far. I am so thankful that I am still here, that I have my family, and that I am loved and I love back.

Sadly, Steve is working out of town a lot as of late and just came home from two days gone and will be going again tomorrow afternoon for at least a night. His birthday is May 8th (and he's turning 31 and still not happy he's getting older). He'll miss out on family putt-putt (my choice of a birthday activity) and birthday tiramisu, but hopefully he will make it back home in time for a cook-out his parents are having on Mother's Day.

Speaking of mother's, today is also my mother's birthday. I share the day with one of the most wonderful women. For this, I know I am blessed.


Happy birthday, Mom. I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I agree with you on the turning 29 again thing, we have a friend who has done it for 5 years now. Just silly. Hope you have a wonderful day. If I get a 100 on my stats final I can (just) pass, back to work, I long for Monday evening when this is all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday. :)

    I am only halfway through my twenties, but I know I don't want to turn 29 (or any age for that matter) more than once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the birthday wishes, Julia. Keeping my fingers crossed that you pass Stats. Summer semester starts on Monday here, and I was foolish enough to sign up for classes. Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the birthday wishes! I definitely don't want to relive a few previous years. Besides, is just a number and a state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a 93.7 on the final and am irritated, planning on talking to the prof as I now know I am not the only one who had technology problems (Online class) and trouble getting a hold of her. She claimed I was the only one and it is just not true.

    ReplyDelete