Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Yarn Along


On the bottom are the sleeves (which I finished today) for the sweater I am working on for my Mom. Since Mom is visiting this week, she wanted to participate in the Yarn Along. This is the back to a sweater she is actually knitting for herself (Mom knits for everyone first, then herself. She's using Beaverslide Dry Goods yarn in Marsh Sedge, which is absolutely dreamy in color and to work with.


Here is Mom knitting with the assistance of Agent Spottynose. Not only did he discover last night that her braids make excellent toys, but that she has an extremely comfortable lap, sometimes with something snuggly in it. Since she is knitting on circular needles, he found it quite easy for him to get into her knitting.

Tonight I plan on piecing together Mom's sweater and start work on the neck. Chase accidentally let slip last night that I was making her a sweater (because his cat Jessica-4 got into my yarn overnight and wrapped two balls of yarn through the house), so I gave in and filled her in. As soon as the sweater is done, I'll post pictures.

I'm not reading anything currently, and I think Mom is eying my stack of books to read to fill in her spare time while visiting.

Happy knitting!

2 comments:

  1. I love that your mom joined us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! She certainly has enjoyed seeing all of the fantastic projects.

    ReplyDelete