Saturday, June 25, 2011

raspberry lemon quick bread

Steve was out early this morning to work so, after having my fingernails chewed on by a certain feline, I decided to get up and get started with my morning. Chase was still asleep, but I thought it might be nice to wake up and have something fresh from the oven for breakfast.

The recipe for the raspberry lemon quick bread is from King Arthur flour. My mom gets their catalog in the mail and thought the bread sounded interesting so she ordered the raspberry jammy bits for us both. She hasn't made the bread yet, so I decided to give it a whirl.

The results are quite delicious. While the bread was baking, I chatted with Mom and we both think that as nice as those jammy bits are, it would be nice to use fresh raspberries instead. I think the next time I will alter the recipe a bit and see how changing to fresh berries will work. Still.. this goes great with a fresh cup of coffee!

Fresh from the oven!

breakfast time! (That's Koda in the background hoping for a piece)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, thank you so much for posting this recipe link and the pictures. My husband loves raspberries and all things lemon, so I will be making this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tracey

    You're welcome and good luck!

    I was thinking maybe instead of those jammy bits swirled raspberry jam in the batter would work just as well.

    ReplyDelete