Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday Yarn Along

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Today we join Ginny and all of the other great fiber artists in her weekly knitting and reading.

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? ~ Ginny

It is hot and hazy today and the sun is not coming in the living room the way I was hoping it to so I could snap a few photos of Chase's sweater. So Chase and I decided an outdoor photo shoot was indeed necessary for his sweater. So out to the new portion of our front porch we went and snapped away.

Progress on the back.

The front pattern begins!

I wasn't going to post a picture of the front yet because you just can't see the pattern forming in the purl stitches. But I figured if I get the front piece done by next Wednesday (crossing my fingers) then it will be nice to see how much work was done.

I didn't do much knitting over the weekend due to being sick, but I did catch up with my reading. Over the weekend I read Life's a Beach via the free books for Nook. It was a delightful light, funny romance story which I thoroughly enjoyed. Makes me yearn for our beach vacation even more.

Happy knitting and reading!

8 comments:

  1. Its coming along and looking good. That's a nice colour.

    I'm plodding away at a sweater for my little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what pattern are you using? i'm intrigued by your pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amanda

    Thank you! I really like this pattern because it's keeping me on my toes. And I love the color, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @atangledyarn

    The pattern is from here: http://www.figheadh.com/2239_detail.html

    I'm knitting it as a small adult size for my son. It'll be big on him, but then at least he should get some good wear out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweater photo shoot! Your deck looks brandy new. You seem to have made lots of progress on the sweater. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Swanski

    Thank you! I am really enjoying the sweater pattern. It's nice to see it coming along.

    The deck, like my knitting, is a work in progress. Most of it is done save for the boards in front of the front door. It just needs to cool off for a few days so we can finish!

    ReplyDelete