Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Yarn Along

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Today we join Ginny and all of the other great fiber artists in her weekly knitting and reading. Stop by and join in the fun!

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? ~ Ginny
 
I was almost done with the first Evenstar Glove Saturday morning, when I foolishly left the glove on the couch to go outside and see the slugs (egh!) that Chase had found. Big. Mistake. Jessica-4 seized her opportunity (and the ball of yarn) and decided to redecorate the house. I was screaming "NO! NO! NO!" so loud that Chase came running back inside from slug hunting to see what happened. The glove was partially un-raveled and caught on a dining room chair. The yarn tangled through the living room, a couple of dining room chairs, through the kitchen, and up the stairs into Chase's room.


After the yarn was collected and I sat with the remnant of the glove, I decided to pull it all out and put it away for another time. I had been working on it all week and in less than five minutes Jess undid all the work. I decided then I would pick up my WIP, the Luscious Lace Scarf from the Creative Knitting magazine (and sadly, I cannot find their pattern on the site -- but I will keep looking for it it).


I've more than doubled what I had when I stopped in May!

I'm really loving the lace pattern for this. It's really easy.

I'm using Ella Rae Bamboo Silk in "Orange". When I went to the LYS to pick up the last two skeins I needed a couple of months ago, I picked up enough to make another scarf in their "Seafoam" color. I think it is a pretty close match to Carolina Blue, and will make a scarf this year for either my stepsister or stepmom (both UNC grads).

Sage with the "Seafoam" yarn. He was distracted because Jess was looking to jump up and be nosy.


I thought that I would post a picture of the yarn Chase and I picked up last week for Chase's Christmas sweater. When Chase and I were going through the sweaters Mom sent home with us, he was quite distressed that he didn't have one, not even in progress, for this year. I told him I was making him a sweater, but he insisted that was his Autumn sweater. Mom was already planning on making a sweater for him. :) Chase chose the yarn Wild Berries for his sweater.

There is also a bit of red in this. It's so soft!

I haven't done any recreational reading in the past week, sadly. My e-reader started to act up (and was just replaced -- thank you warranties!) so I put off reading to focus on knitting. I do, however, have a stack of titles I am going to pick up from the library before we head to the beach.

Chase just woke up and came downstairs with a tangled mess of scrap yarn. I guess Jess is finding my hiding spots at night and continuing her re-decorating. Sigh.

Happy knitting and reading!

8 comments:

  1. I hope Jess leaves your beautiful handiwork alone! I think I would cry buckets of tears over an unknitted object. I love the color of Chase's Christmas sweater, he is going to look quite handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily, I think I would have sat down and cried if all the work I did on knitting was destroyed! I do love the project you picked up and the yarn for Chase's sweater is gorgous. I do hope Jess behaves. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Swanski She is being an absolute terror with yarn this week. I tossed a couple more knitted toys this week into the mix for her, but I think she likes the thrill of unraveling a ball of yarn. Brat!

    I really like the color Chase chose, too. When we were checking out, there was a new shipment of the yarn on the counter but it was yellow/brown/green and I was so sure he was going to change his mind, but he really likes the blues and reds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tracey I've cried over many a project she has gotten her little nails on before. Unless I put it in a storage tote, or in a dresser drawer, she manages to find it. I used to put projects in the closet, but the door pops open sometimes and she learned if she bumped it hard enough she could get in. She's been eyeballing the scarf this morning since I have it sitting next to me.

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry about your gloves.

    Fortunately, my two dogs leave my yarn alone or else I think I would be with two less dogs. ;-)

    (oh, who am I kidding? I would never get rid of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jen @ Wife, "Mom", Knitter

    Yes, I keep threatening Jess she's going to get booted out if she keeps it up, but it's all talk. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! This is my worst knitting nightmare! The lace scarf looks lovely though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @cpcable

    Thank you! I am hoping to start the trim this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete