Friday, July 1, 2011

{this moment} - Jessica-4

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. - SouleMama


Joining in once again this Friday. Please visit SouleMama to see other wonderful moments. 





***

I'm adding words today as an explanation. Despite her obsession with yarn (hey.. how many of us don't obsess over yarn?) Jessie is there when I need her. Last night, after the shock of the day was finally calming down, the tears were cried, the plans made.. I sat down to just sit and be. She quietly emerged from the window behind me, nudged my head to let me know she was there, and fell asleep on the couch next to me.

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you felt this comfort and love from your cat - no doubt returning some of the love you have shown her. Thinking of you and your Dad and sending love and strength over the ocean xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think animals are quite intuitive. I am sure you forgave her yarn obsession at that moment. I hope your dad is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Barefoot Crofter

    Jess has always been a comfort in time of need (more so toward Chase, however). Thank you so much for your love and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Swanski

    Yep, it's these moments that I can forgive her and am thankful she is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have a way of "knowing," don't they? This has happened many times with me and my "girls."

    ReplyDelete