Monday, July 11, 2011

An Update on Dad

My stepmom sent a text shortly before noon that Dad was out of surgery and the doctor's said all went well. She was able to see him briefly an hour later and said he looked really good.

An email from my stepmom from a few minutes ago says that "surgery went well and that he is sleeping still. He has more tubes and stitches than I can believe.  He's trying to wake up, and as he does, they will have him walk around a bit. 

The surgeon says that his heart is extremely strong, and once he has recovered there will be no lasting consequence from the valve problem." 

We are all breathing a sigh of relief (especially Chase) and are praying still. 

12 comments:

  1. That is such good news Emily - continuing to light a candle for you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! :) I'm glad everything went well, I'll keep praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Barefoot Crofter

    Thank you, I appreciate it! My stepmom says he's in a lot of pain, but is awake and they're going to have him up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness! I have been thinking about him. I bet you feel like you just got off a rollercoaster. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Swanski

    Oh yes, definitely a load off my mind and chest. The reports are still coming in positive so we are all relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful news for all of you! I know you must be so relieved! Take care and I hope your dad continues to make a full recovery.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. very happy that all went well. thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tracey

    Thanks Tracey! I hope you feel better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a relief! I hope that all continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @cpcable

    Thanks! He could come home as early as tomorrow, but more than likely Saturday.

    ReplyDelete