Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday -- No Yarn Along today

First let me say thank you to everyone who has said prayers and sent healing thoughts for my father and his surgery.

Yesterday afternoon, after Steve and I had taken Chase to Valley Forge and on a little adventure through the area, we came back to the house to find my dad was home. Despite the initial belief surgery was to be today (Wednesday) it was officially scheduled for next Monday. Friday will be his pre-op day (blood work, paperwork, etc). Unfortunately, we won't be able to stay here through the new surgery date or come back so soon after leaving.  I am glad, though, that Chase gets an extra day with my dad before we head home (Thursday).

Knitting wise, I have put three rows on the back of Chase's sweater and six rows on my scarf this trip. I thought that I would have gotten a lot more done in the car (I did manage to knit the purl rows on my scarf while going through tunnels!) but I guess my mind just was not there to focus. I'm planning on knitting a lot today, however.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes we need to do a lot with our hands when our heads and hearts are overwhelmed. I hope a little knitting brings you some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cpcable

    I agree. Right now I am working out everything in my mind and once that is settled I'll relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Courtney and hope you can find some peace. I am glad to hear that Chase got to spend some time with your Dad, for both of them. Keeping you in my thoughts Emily.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knitting is just the medicine! I am glad you got to see your dad, and I am still praying for him. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tracey

    Thanks Tracey. I actually read for a bit and was able to settle enough to want to knit. The desire was there, I just needed my brain to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Swanski

    Thank you! I am so glad we got to see him and spend time with everyone.

    ReplyDelete