Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesday Yarn Along

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Today we join Ginny and all of the other great fiber artists in her weekly knitting and reading post. Stop by and join in the fun!

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? ~ Ginny

I finished the second sleeve to Chase's sweater over the weekend! After I finished it I just knew I had to re-do the the first sleeve. I think the biggest problem with the first sleeve was that I switched to circular needles and maybe that is what caused the hole issue. So when I did the second sleeve I stayed on the DPNs (per the instructions -- who would have thought!) and all is well.

Completed sleeve and new sleeve construction (Good morning Sage!)

Close up shot of the seam on the second sleeve.

After I finished the second sleeve, ripped out the first one, and started the construction on the replacement sleeve, I started to not feel well. It took me two days to knit the ten rows on the cuff. So I feel behind right now (I know, this isn't a race, and there is no time line for this sweater to be finished). Yesterday I was back on track and am about a third of the way done with the sleeve.

I'm still reading The Friday Night Knitting Club and have reached a point in this story that I don't like. I have a feeling how this is going to end and I don't think I'm going to like it. I'm going to finish it up this weekend (hopefully) and move on to other stories!

Happy knitting!

21 comments:

  1. Hi Emily (and hello pretty Sage!),
    finally someone who seems to be as petty as me when it comes to knitting! =)) I'm frequently ripping back socks because of holes or anything else that doesn't satisfy me... Keep up the good work, I'm sure you will be pleased with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Maike!

    Oh yes, I am quite petty when it comes to little imperfections! I wish I had gotten a picture of the sleeve before I ripped it out because it really did look awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to do the same thing on a sweater! Isn't is amazing how well things turn out when we follow the directions?!;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep knitting :) I'm sure it will be great sweater :)
    when I was knitting my sweater I was so afraid the sleeves will be different that I was checking the size after every stripe I made (=6 rows) :D but it turned out fine.

    :) oh and "Sage" is the coolest name for the cutest cat :) :) I'm in love :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad you had to rip the first sleeve, but when the result will be better it's worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I tend to just keep going and then am disappointed in the final piece. I'm working on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No it's not a race. The beauty of knitting is the meditative rhythm. Don't mess with it's proper rhythm! ;)

    It's looking great. I can't wait to see how it looks on (not just his arm)!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank goodness it isn't a race, but like books, there is so much to knit and so little time! lol!

    ;)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tracey

    Haha, yes, it is! I just couldn't fathom at the time having 90 stitches spread out on DPNs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jarka

    When I did the second sleeve I wrote down how many rows equaled an inch and how many rows I had in the end to make the sleeves the length Chase wanted. Now I have notes for this sleeve and how it should be :D

    Thank you! Sage just seemed very fitting for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Hege

    Oh you are so right, Hege! It will be better once fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @*kate

    I'm working on that, too, Kate. I think making the BSJ helped cure me of knitting when incorrect and finishing it anyway. :) I ripped out mine so many times because of a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @no spring chicken

    I just sometimes feel like it is though. My mom will call and we'll be talking about knitting and she'll be so much further along on Chase's sweater (and now she's starting Steve's) and I am still working on one project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @www.theevolvinghomemaker.com

    I agree! And I have so many other things I want to be knitting and reading right now. Slow and steady.. slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you are feeling better and can power through the sleeve that is left! It looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks so soft and I am sure when it is done will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Swanski

    Thanks! The migraine meds help but the side effects I need to get used to. I really hope to be done with the sweater this weekend and on to something new!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Julia

    I love this yarn! I am looking forward to being able to wear the sweater my mom made me out of the same wool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good for you for re-doing the first sleeve until it was right...I don't know if I would have had the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  20. @cpcable

    Trust me, it really needed to be re-done. The second attempt at the first sleeve is looking so good!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You do great knitting!! I have been wanting to read the book your are reading...time to go to the library and check it out..smile..

    Blessings,

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete