Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday Yarn Along

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Today we join Ginny and all of the other great fiber artists in her weekly knitting and reading post. Stop by and join in the fun!

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? ~ Ginny



Along with finishing Chase's sweater over the weekend, I also finished reading The Friday Night Knitting Club. I'm glad I did finish it because how I thought it would end was completely wrong and I am still a bit shocked how it ended. The two other books in the trilogy are on my read list now.

I started and finished reading The Help . I've seen the previews for the movie, but the rule around here is you don't get to see the movie until you read the book. I absolutely loved the book. I really hope the movie is as good.

Remember that extra skein of yarn I ordered to finish Chase's sweater thinking the sleeves wouldn't be long enough without it? Once again, I am surprised how much you can get out of a little ball of yarn. The skein was not needed! So what do you do with this gorgeous, soft, warm skein of wool? Make socks!

My Mom wears moccasins year-round (good weather, rain, snow) and she very rarely wears a pair of socks with them (even in winter). So I have hunted through my stored patterns and found my sock pattern that I like (and it's great for big feet!) and will make her a pair of ankle socks for Christmas.

And now, Chase's sweater. I love it. He loves it. I noticed that my purl stitches aren't nearly as tight as my knit stitches, but Mom says that will all even itself out as I knit more and more. I blocked Chase's sweater the other day (and gave up trying to keep Sage, then Jess off from it), but Chase said it wasn't complete until I put a heart on it. We decided to put it on the inside of the right cuff.

Love. 

Good morning Chase (and Agent!)

When I stepped outside this morning to take my opening picture, Chase quickly followed behind with his sweater on (gotta love 55 degree summer mornings!). Excuse his sleepy look -- I think he was up for all of five minutes when he came out on the porch with me.

Happy knitting!

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful sweater, and that yarn will knit up into such cozy socks! I read the Help a while back -- seems like it's a popular book on the Yarn Along this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love the heart!
    Beautiful sweater- so glad your son loves it
    God Bless
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chase looks just so handsome in his sweater Emily; what a beautiful job you did and the heart is just pure icing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chase's sweater looks great! i think I need to add The Help to my reading list, I keep comign across it and am interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Chase will being wearing his heart on his sleeve when he wears his sweater.

    And your mom's right. Your tension will get better with practice. :-) But I think you did a bang-up job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your knitting skills are wonderful! I think Chase will be wearing that sweater a lot this winter. The heart is such a sweet touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kathy

    Thanks Kathy! I think they'll be great socks for her.

    I was on the waiting list at the library for six weeks now to check out The Help, so I decided I would just buy it :) It definitely seems to be the popular book on the yarn along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tracey

    Thanks, Tracey! Chase originally wanted me to put it over his heart, but we decided the sleeve would be nice because then he could roll the cuff and see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @*kate

    I definitely give two thumbs up to The Help! I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jen

    I guess this just means I need to be knitting more! :D Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Swanski

    Thank you! I hope he enjoys wearing it this winter (and a few more!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do have the same problem, my knit stitches are usually tighter than my purl stitches. I love the sweater and I love that your boy is so happy with it. What more can a knitter want?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @FlauschiOhren

    Exactly -- he is very happy and that is what matters.

    I'm glad I am not the only one with tighter knit stitches than purls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet idea to add a heart. I like it on the cuff. Makes it special to the wearer. The sweater looks perfect on Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sweater...he looks great it in...

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emily,

    Thank you for the very sweet comment you left for me on my blog....

    ~~Renee

    A Knitters Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chase WANTED a heart. I love that! He looks grand in his new sweater, sleepy or not.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete