Friday, September 16, 2011

{this moment}

Joining Amanda at Soulemama for this moment.

{this moment} – A Friday ritual. A single photo – no words – capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.


The Nelson Amos Studio along with Steinway Piano Gallery of Det. & DTA has brought pianos to the sidewalks of Ypsilanti from September 9th-27th.

We know there is a piano near the co-op, at least one down in Depot Town, and one other along Michigan Ave, but I think the one at B-24s is in the best shape. Chase has been anxious to try to play the piano, so I tried to get him started (I taught myself to play one song). So after getting his fingers in the right position (and finding a beginner's book), he began to pluck out a tune.

12 comments:

  1. After he learns how to play do you think Chase could come here and teach me? I have a lovely old piano that just sits here!
    Emily, I hope you have a weekend filled with peace. I will keep Sandy in my prayers and you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Mouse has been asking for one, and every time we go to a friend's house who has one he sits down to play. I think I may have lined up a used one (free for the moving) for under the Christmas tree this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tracey

    Oh Tracey, I bet he would! We're thinking of asking Steve's mom if she would teach Chase how to play the piano. He always asks her to play when he is visiting and I know she would be an excellent teacher for him.

    Thanks, Tracey! I hope you have a delightful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julia

    Oo! That would be a great gift Mouse! I wish we had room for a piano, but at least Chase has access to one at my in-laws. He does have a keyboard, however, and has been composing his own music for a while now. Hope you do get the piano!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I think I heard a hint of genius in that simple little ditty... ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing beats the sound of your child on the piano. We've had our six year old in them for quite a bit and it sounds fantastic filling the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @no spring chicken

    Chase really enjoys plucking out tunes! I'm going to have to take him back this weekend to play more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of my kids took years of lessons. If he is interested, go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete