Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Birthday






Dear Chase,

Over the last couple of days, I have been thinking about the past ten years. It doesn't feel like you're ten. You seem so much older, so much wiser. But then I think to myself that you can't be older than ten. You were just a baby not so long ago.

You amaze me every day. You are so generous, loving, and understanding. You are a brilliant young man, and you never cease to amaze me or your dad. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.

You and I have been through so much together. I think that as much as I have taught you, you have also taught me many things. You are still my favorite cooking partner and road trip buddy.

Today you are ten. Double digits. You are growing into such a wonderful person.

As you celebrate your day, and your life, please remember that you are deeply loved and cared for. We will always be in your corner, cheering you on, joking with you, and supporting you.

Happiest of birthdays, Chase.

20 comments:

  1. Emily, please tell Chase I said Happiest of Birthday's from SC! Ten is such a big number in a young man's life! I hope you all have a fantastic day, eat lots of birthday cake and laugh! xx
    PS- The picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Chase! Hope your day will be great with lots of cake and great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow 10! that's a big one! happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 10! Give Chase a Birthday Wish from me! Happy Birthday, Chase, and happy birthing day, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to Chase!! Emily, this is a beautiful tribute to your son. We do learn more from them than the other way around I believe. Sunday was my Mom's 75th birthday, too! blessings ~ Tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Chase. And from the tiny window we get here... you are one special, loved young man.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Chase! Ten is a very wonderful number!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Tracey

    Chase says "Thank you very much!". It was a wonderful finale to his ten days worth of celebrating.

    I love this picture of him so much. His profile is so similar to my Mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Hege

    Chase says "Thank you!". He had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Freedom Three

    Yes indeed! It's definitely a serious birthday. Chase says "Thank you!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Julia

    Chase says "Thank you and happy birthday to your Butterfly!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow

    The 9th was a great day for a birthday! :) Happy birthday to your Mom! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @no spring chicken

    Chase says "Thank you, very very much!"

    ReplyDelete