Friday, October 28, 2011

{this moment}

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember. - SouleMama





I had to include this snippet of conversation between Steve's brother and myself from when I posted this picture earlier this week. It had my Mom in stitches with laughter.

Mike:  I'll be more impressed when he spins yarn into gold.
Me: Give him a chance! ;)
Me: Nobody has said anything about the fact Chase is holding a nerf gun in his hand while he's working the spinning wheel.
Mike: He is ready to defend himself from Rumpelstiltskin and other villains that interrupt his spinning.


16 comments:

  1. That is funny Emily! I want to come to you home and learn to spin! Have a great weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Happy spinning...of yarn and tales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! If you start getting gold, you may have quite a few visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I hope he does get gold, can you imagine his surprise =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice moment!! If you do spin some gold send me some, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful moment emily! very cute conversation.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tracey

    Well come on up! This week.. yes.. I really do intend to put some fiber on that wheel *gulp*. I think Chase may need to be the designated spinner, however.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @GirlAnachronismE

    He would definitely be quite surprised. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Lori ann

    Chase is definitely in love with the spinning wheel. Every free moment he has, he's sitting there and working the wheel. Every time the cords pop off, he can get them back on without a problem. I trust him to spin my roving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Love that last line of this conversation!! You know spinning is a very soothing thing... don't see how anyone could go wrong here. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow

    I hope it is! I'm still trying to figure out how to actually do this. We tried the other night and it came out very bumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So jealous of your spinning wheel AND your spinning helper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @cpcable

    LOL! One day we might actually be productive. ;-) You have a partner-in-training!

    ReplyDelete