Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekending

weekending, my favorite part of the week. a time to relax, live, love, just to be. if you'd like to share your weekend either with words, photographs, or both, leave a link to a weekend post in the commentsJoining with Amanda for her weekending post.
 
 
This weekend..
 
(sorry it's so blurry..)
 
+ weekend visits with grandparents who fly in just to start off 10 days of birthday celebrations.
 
+ the best southern-style bbq ribs (or pulled pork) in this area.
+ hope

+ seeing my dad and how he is recovering well since his heart surgery in July.

+ a trip to the local joke/gag shop 

+ Spanish lattes


+ brain freezes (repeated)

+ snuggles from a certain feline who doesn't always like to snuggle with me.

+ happily awaiting my Mom's arrival for twelve days!

+ rainbows, both Friday afternoon and Sunday evening. 

+ Family and friends, support, love..

 
"I'll sit with you, and you may pet me, but only a little. Don't get used to this."

Sunday -- 10/02/11
 

12 comments:

  1. Emily, I have been thinking of you and am so glad to see your wonderful weekend list. I know you can't wait for your mom and I hope you both soak up lots of love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you found some special moments this weekend while being stressed. 12 days will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankenmuth looks interesting!! I am glad you have found some joy this weekend, rainbows, gag shops, and lattes--fantastic :)
    much love to you friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tracey

    Hi Tracey! I have been meaning to respond back to you, but every time I sit down at my computer, I have a handful of other things I need to do first!

    It was definitely a great weekend with my dad and stepmom. I am so looking forward to my mom's arrival now.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Swanski

    With everything going on this weekend, I was so grateful that my parents were willing to talk to me about my Mom and help me work through this. My stepmom's sister had breast cancer over 20 years ago and my stepsister actually works with UNC in research for cancer (specifically mammography). It is so nice to know that they are extremely supportive.

    I hope the days go nice and slow. They always fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MJ

    Frankenmuth is a fabulous little town! My husband says you go for two reasons: Zehnder's chicken and Bronner's (the biggest Christmas themed store you can imagine). I, personally, go for the German food ;)

    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving everything good in the moment and being thankful... that's beautiful Emily. I'm praying for a precious time with your mom.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your final image of a rainbow. Such hope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @cpcable

    It was amazing to watch it form!

    ReplyDelete