Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekly Rewind

I had made a post last night about my Mom's visit, but it was scattered (and I forgot a few things). I blame the pounding migraine I was fighting with since the end of my class yesterday afternoon and the lack of sleep. So I am going to try again today! Here is a re-cap.


* Snuggles, from both animals and child.

* Discovering a new yarn shop.

* Teddy bears.

* Lattes and yarn (lots of both).

* Apple orchards and turning apples into over a dozen quarts of applesauce, pies, and just for snacking.

* Talking. Lots of talking.

* A laser tag birthday party for a certain 10 year old boy. 

* Seeing the movie The Help with my Mom.

* Listening to my husband and his barbershop group sing for their supper. 

* Just being.

I also want to take this moment to thank Courtney over at A Life Sustained and Omnatura for the giveaway of the lovely bracelet! It arrived right before Mom got here and she wore it a couple of times while we were out. Unfortunately I didn't seem to get a picture of her modeling it! Thank you once again, I absolutely love it. 


14 comments:

  1. it sounds like you girls had great time. Applesauce - yum - I usually buy big jars in the store and eat it all up with big spoon while I watch movies with my dad...

    and finding a new yarn shop - how awesome - I'm a little bit of yarn-addict so right now I'm terribly jealous - we don't have any yarn shops around here... :P

    and "just being" is the best thing to do. Just be. and enjoy it.

    oh and I LOVE the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, we definitely had a great time! I love my Mom so much. :)

    I had never canned applesauce before so this was a fun (all day!) experience. Chase insists on homemade applesauce with certain meals, so it will be interesting to see how long it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like the bracelet! It sounds like you had a really great time with your mom. The snuggles sound like the best part to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like y'all had a wonderful visit. So you liked The Help? I haven't seen it yet although I did read the book. I usually have a hard time with southern movies made in Hollywood. The phoney accents bother me, especially since I live with a 'true' southern man! I'm glad to hear you had a fun time making applesauce. Last year was my first time putting up apples and I had a blast!
    Love the bracelet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time together. If I went to see The Help (which I'm still not sure I want to since the book was so good), I would want to see it with my mother...but we live too far away from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new yarn shop!!! That sounds like a perfect visit to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have some positive news about your Mum - keeping her in my thoughts.
    A new yarn shop sounds like the perfect week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you had this lovely visit! Mom's are so special...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. @cpcable

    Oh yes, I love the bracelet. Thank you again!

    Yep, snuggles with Moms, no matter how old you are, always awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tracey

    I really enjoyed The Help. The phony accents can be a pain in general, but I think they were done well in the movie. Besides, you have to go for the Terrible Awful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ellen

    I think you'd enjoy the movie, Ellen. I'm real funny when it comes to seeing a movie after reading the book, but this one I just could not resist. The last book turned movie was a major disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Swanski

    Yep! We're going to try out another one in December, I think, too

    ReplyDelete
  13. @no spring chicken

    That they are. It was a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete