Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanks & Giving

We're at the cusp of my favorite time of year and I am happily swinging into the spirit of things. This has been quite the year for us (for many of us, I know), and I am just so thankful for my family and friends. I'm thankful I have this place on the web where I can write what is going on, ask for advice (and give advice). I am thankful for this community of knitters I have joined in with and the time we all spend together each week knitting, reading, baking, and being.  You all mean so much to me!


The last day Mom was here, we went to my local bead store so she could hunt down more beads for more stitch markers for me to make her. We were all too giddy to see that there were holiday themed charms in. I decided then that I wanted to make a set of holiday stitch markers for everyone who would like a pair.

A sample of two different charms.


So it's a give-away where everyone can receive a gift to kick off this hopefully joyous holiday season.

All you need to do is leave me a comment to let me know you're interested, then drop me an email (my email is listed on my profile) and provide your address. The catch (if you want to call it that) is you only have until midnight on Wednesday. Chase insists these stitch markers need to be on their way to their new homes by the Friday after Thanksgiving (geesh, he's pushy!), which is probably a good idea because I would like to ship sets to international friends (so please don't hesitate to contact me).

Well.. there you have it!


xx

(Again, I apologize for the grainy picture. Every time I go to use the digital camera, the batteries have been magically drained *ahem* and need charging)

8 comments:

  1. How Emily, how sweet! I know exactly what you mean about this blogging world we are part of...it is beyond wonderful! I would love to receive a stitch marker.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, we are on the same wavelength on the giveaway--like minds :) They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas and now that birthday season is behind me I can focus on it more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello - just catching up. Am I too late? No, your thanksgiving is this week isn't it? I would like to enter this - so lovely of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Count me in please!
    Emailing you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are these!!! Thanks for the thoughtfulness and the chance Emily xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, they're darling! What a generous girl you are...

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, I know I'm much too late for your give away, but I just wanted to let you know what a wonderful idea I thought this was--and how generous! I'm sort of new to this whole blogging thing--and continually amazed at the creativity and giving spirit in this virtual world! (glad I found your blog--am enjoying it!!) happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete