Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

Good morning and happy Wednesday, everyone! Today is another wonderful day full of sharing of knitting and reading. Joining up with Ginny...

This will be a quick post from me.  Chase and I are getting ready to head to the train station to make our journey home.

The sweater for my Dad? I knew all along it didn't look like it would be big enough (even though I was making the largest size), and last night I put it on Chase. Sadly, I was right. Chase, on the other hand, is tickled to have a new sweater. He loves the way it feels and is anxious for me to finish it so he can start wearing it.


Chase modeling his new sweater.

When I wasn't working on the sweater for my Dad in private, I started on the purl ridge scarf for my friend, Gena. She's been patiently waiting, and there apparently is a cold snap in Charlotte, NC, so I am going to work more on it while on the train today. Again, more details to come when I can link everything properly.
Gena's scarf.
 I started reading The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake a couple of days ago. So far, I am enjoying it, though the writing style is taking some getting used to. I'll provide a better review next week!

Okay.. going to quickly link up and get out the door. Looking forward to seeing everyone's projects tomorrow when we're home.

Happy knitting!

20 comments:

  1. Hope your return trip went well. That sweater is beautiful. I have yet to explore colorwork of that magnitude. I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Purl Ridge, so quick! I am thrilled that you have someone to wear that gorgeous sweater, so much better than taking it apart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my...it's wednesday????? I totally thought I still have one day to write my yarn-along post and then I saw yours...oh my...

    LOVE the sweater! :) will you knit one for me too? :) just kidding,..or maybe not... :D I would love to have a sweater like that! :) Chase is so lucky he has you knitting for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh emily your sweater is gorgeous, it's been a long time since i've done a fair isle sweater, and now i've got my eye on one too. your son looks so pleased with it, isn't that the best? will you make another for your dad now?
    safe travels home,
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sweater is gorgeous! Anyone would be tickled to "inherit" it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater is just beautiful! It definitely shows off your knitting skills. And you got to love that your son is excited about it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily, you are one very talented woman, that sweater is just gorgous! I know it was made for your Dad, but it does look so nice on Chase. Now you can just cast on another one for your Dad.
    I hope you have a safe trip home and get settled in quickly so you can get back to posting [;)] I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sweater! Youi just have to cast on a new for your dad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bummer that the sweater is too small for your dad, but it looks stunning on Chase! Your colorwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sweater looks great. Sorry it was too small for your dad, but it really suits Chase. Also the colourwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Proud Mama

    Thank you! The trip home was just as good as the trip there. I really enjoy train travel.

    This was my first attempt at colorwork and I am rather pleased with the results. I think I will try again this year (I love the challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Swanski

    Oh I could never have taken it apart! I'd have stashed it for someone in the future. :) I really am enjoying Purl Ridge. I think the recipient will be pleased, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jarka

    LOL! You never know.. If I get better at colorwork, you might be the recipient. The sweater would definitely look good on you!

    I'm lucky to have Chase who isn't too picky when it comes to knitted gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lori ann

    Thank you, Lori! I am looking to do more in the future.

    Actually, Dad wants socks instead! So I'll be making him socks next.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Cynthia

    Thanks! I am so glad he wants the sweater. It's funny what attracts his attention.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Tracey

    Thank you Tracey! I definitely think this sweater looks good on Chase. I hope to finish it for him so when it gets cooler this week he can wear it if he wants. He loves the feeling of the Quince & Co. yarn.

    Because Dad spends a portion of his day hooked to his dialysis machine, he actually wants warm socks for his feet. He needs to wear loose clothing so a sweater isn't the greatest replacement gift. So socks it shall be!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @GirlAnachronismE

    Thank you! Yep.. I think this is just the type of sweater Chase needed.

    ReplyDelete