Friday, February 10, 2012

{this moment}

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.





On Monday, Mom had a CT Scan when she went in for her daily radiation treatment. With only eight treatments remaining, they were confirming it was going well and preparing her for the last five super doses of radiation. Tuesday Mom got the best news. Her body has responded extremely well to treatment, that the super doses weren't needed, and that her last day of treatment would be 2/9, instead of 2/16. 

The cancer center where she has been going has been absolutely wonderful. Mom loves the technicians they have on staff and feels like she was in good care. After her last treatment yesterday, they gave her a book and two red carnations. 

We're going to plan a celebration for when she is here in May.

16 comments:

  1. I have tears in my eyes reading this good news!! I am thrilled for your mother and I hope your worries are lessen as well. Take care, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! This is by far the most wonderful moment and I am so happy for all of you Emily!
      Have the best weekend.!

      Delete
    2. SO happy your mom's radiation treatments and the battle against cancer is OVER!

      Delete
    3. Thanks everyone! We are all so happy that this journey is complete and now can move on to the next adventure.

      Delete
  2. Yippeee!! Your mom is a wonder woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's definitely a perfect moment to savor!!! Such wonderful news so happy your mama is well on her way!!!
    Blessings to you and your mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful wonderful moment dear emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. So am I! I'm glad to have great news to share.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations!! I can't tell you how much you have encouraged me. Just watching you and your mom walk through this rough time with grace and hope... I'll always remember this if (and of course I pray not) I ever have to walk this road myself or with someone I love. Thanks Emily (and mom!).

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous news!!!! Way to go mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete