Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things...




I first need to thank Lori Ann for sending me her copy of Knitwits to read. What a cute story! Thank you, Lori Ann, for sharing with me! The day Ginny mentioned A Knitter's Home Companion I went out and picked up my own copy. I flipped through it quickly (marking patterns and recipes I was interested in), then put it on my nightstand for later. I have officially put it in my bag so that if I am going to the coffee house or waiting on Chase's bus, I can easily pick it up and read a couple of pages.

Yes, I did go ahead and cast on my shawl again and it is going well once again. I also started a little green project, something quick and offers instant gratification. I am always on the look out for a project I can throw into my bag and go and this one pleases me (I'll talk more about it later this week!).

So what is everyone working on or reading?

Happy knitting!

26 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you started your shawl again and as for instant gratification, I am in agreement and can't wait to see what you are up to.
    Have a happy yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey. I started the shawl, but I forgot it for about a week because I started a new project over the weekend. Oop...

      Delete
  2. oh, the suspense! your work is always lovely - can't wait to see what the instant gratification is

    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quick knits as much as long knits! Glad the shawl is back on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious about your instant gratification project. I find that I need those speckled along the way or I lose heart. Glad the shawl is back on the needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, or my long term projects get forgotten.

      Delete
  5. Love quick knits! And I need to get a my hands on a copy of that book for myself also!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book! I'm really enjoying it.

      Delete
  6. The green quick project sounds interesting! I love the Knitter's Home Companion - borrowed my copy from the library - unfortunately, it needs to be returned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitter's Home is one of those books that if I didn't purchase it, I'd end up copying EVERYTHING in it! :D

      Delete
  7. I agree. Instant gratification knit projects need to be done. Everything else takes so long. I'm looking forward to hearing more, especially as its green. Hang on, do you mean eco, rather than the colour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no.. green as in color. I'm knitting a lot in green right now. :)

      Delete
  8. I love instant gratfication projects :) I think I need to find some...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about the play food? Those are pretty quick to whip up, yes?

      Delete
  9. oh you teaser, you! what is the green thing??????

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Knitter's Home Companion is by a local-to-me author, so I'm so glad to see it make the yarn along rounds! It's a good little read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh good! you got it! it was cute wasn't it? and the knitters home companion is so wonderful too. i love it.
    now i have a lot of yarnalonging to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and thank you so much, Lori! I really enjoyed reading it. Such a funny story.

      Delete
  12. I miss instant gratification projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add some to your knitting, Julia!

      Delete