Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things... 


I was so excited when I got on the train to come home two weeks ago and get cracking on my purple project. Then I realized that somewhere I had miscounted (okay, I didn't count my stitches when it said I should) and I had apparently not increased in quite a while. So somewhere between New York City and Albany, I ripped out what I had and cast on again. This time around I was even more careful with my knitting, counted stitches every row, and am pleased to say I have finished my project!

Frogging the purple project wasn't the only project this week. I took out my Sassafras shawl over the weekend to see where I was and realized I'd have to start over. The day before I left to come home, a certain playful little dog was still wanting to play fetch when I was ready for a break. She had seized the opportunity to grab my yarn ball (well, it was the size of one of her tennis balls, was fuzzy, and green!) when I was distracted on the phone and took off with it through the living room. Of course my knitting went with her, and a handful of stitches was dropped.

It was painful to have to pull all of what I had done apart. I was about ready to work on the trim, but there was no way with this lace pattern that I could pick up stitches and fix it. So I pulled it all out. I'm going to cast on again tonight and focus on it (this has to be done in a month!).

I also finished up Hal Spacejock, but I haven't started anything else yet. In the evenings when I'm knitting, we're streaming Netflix. I am so giddy they have Amazing Stories (does anyone else remember this show from the 80's?) available instantly. I can remember only a couple of those shows, but Chase is loving them now.

Okay.. enough babble and on with the knitting picture, right? Well, here you go:

Sage likes the green yarn, but feels the purple is not his color.

After I had purchased the Purple Mustang yarn (oh I love this yarn), I wanted to find a pattern that only needed one skein. I decided a little baby sweater would be nice to work on. There are buttons at the yarn shop in Lansing that will look really cute on it. For now, I'll hold off on blocking until then and put it away. My Ravelry notes are here.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Happy Knitting!

16 comments:

  1. I just love the way your cat is looking as you take the photo :) The sweater is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke him up trying to get him off the chair for the photo. This right before I decided to try the sweater on him. *clears throat*

      Delete
  2. The sweater is so precious! The kitty does look like he'd prefer the green over the purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about all the ripping you have had to do, [I know your pain], but just think of how lovely the end results will be! I am all about thinking positive these days! :)
    And just were is your mom these days? I was thinking of her this morning and wondered if she was going to do the yarn along again.
    I love the expression in Sage's eyes, he doesn't looked pleased!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, Tracey, I knew it had to be done, and I didn't look back when I started (though I did take a moment to admire the work once off the needles before ripping).

      I spoke with Mom last night and she has a message to pass on: "I've been wanting to join back in again, but I was so tired during my treatment that by the time I got home, I didn't want to mess with trying to take a photo. I'm going to try and get a photo for next week. I have been reading, and will give Em a list of what, and I am knitting on a hoodie for myself and Chase's yearly sweater."

      Thank you for thinking of my Mom. I know she appreciates it!

      Sage really didn't appreciate me waking him up and then trying to remove him from his throne. I told him if he didn't move he was going to be in the picture!

      Delete
  4. The cat looks like he's humoring you. :) But the cardigan is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the pain of frogging. It is so difficult to pick up stitches in a lacey pattern. Love the little cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly -- I figured I was okay with starting over instead of being frustrated picking up dropped stitches.

      I love this little cardigan. It was a fun knit!

      Delete
  6. Sorry about all the frogging. It is so hard to do, but feels good to have it done right. I figure it is character building when it happens to me. Hope everyone in the family is doing well and on the mend (mom and dad).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Heather!

      Everyone is doing pretty good. Thank you so much for asking!

      Delete
  7. So much frogging! :( I hate it but I suppose it's better to have it done right. I love the sweater but agree that your model looks less than thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, it was a lot to frog, but I was really okay with it. I cast back on last night and am enjoying the pattern once again (and keeping it away from ALL animals).

      Delete
  8. Why, yes, Emily, I do remember Amazing Stories!

    That little sweater is adorble. I'm so sorry you have to start your shawl all over again, though. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh dear, i'm glad you don't mind the unknitting, i have found a nice glass of red wine helps to soften the experiance :) your cat is so funny emily, love the photo.

    ReplyDelete