Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things...

I would love to say that I have been getting in a lot of reading and knitting time in the past two weeks, but with spring break a week ago, and some personal stuff going on this week, I'm lucky to pick up my needles right now for any extent of time. I decided to lift my knitting deadlines from all projects. I hate knitting under pressure -- it leads me to not like the piece I am working on. So reading has been shelved for now. I am hoping things quiet down after this week and I can crack open a book and continue knitting.


My two current projects are of course the Sassafras Shawl that I pulled apart and started again (but figured you didn't need to see a blob of knitted green to be reminded of it) and my newest project the Queen Anne's Cardigan being knitted in Quince & Co's chickadee yarn in bird's egg. Ginny had mentioned Christina Wall (the pattern designer) on her blog a couple of weeks ago and I fell in love with the cardigan pattern. This is going to be a present to myself. Right now I am just knitting and purling back and forth on it. It's the perfect project to take with me if I'm on the go. And if you recall me mentioning how it's hard to find knitting time? It took me an hour this morning at the coffee house just to purl one row because my phone kept ringing. *sigh*

I should mention I have met a friend at knitting group. She loves Ravelry and lace shawl patterns as much as I do. It's nice to have another local knitter to chat with! I showed her the sock pattern for the socks I made my dad and she introduced me to a KAL mystery shawl group she belongs to.

Okay.. that's it for now. I'm going to go and try and see what has been going on this week and what wonderful projects are on the needles.

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. You met a ravelry friend in real life? That is wonderful! I would love to meet you one day :) The knitting is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! She and I can talk and talk about everything! It's nice to have another knitting buddy in person. :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are super busy Emily, but I am glad to hear you are finding a little time to knit.
    It must be so nice to have a 'real' knitting friend to hang out with!
    I hope your world quiets a little and you have time to accomplish all you wish!
    Happy yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to someday having knitting friends. For now I just have to make do with taking my knitting to playgroup from time to time ;-)
    I really like the blue! Can't wait to see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for knitting friends. Some of the closest friends I have right now started out from me just having the courage to walk into the Panera Bread where my SnB meets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I find fellow knitters around me. I am hoping life eases a bit for you. The cardigan is a perfect gift for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checked out the pattern you are knitting and I think I've fallen in love with it as well. Hmm. I could do with something for me too. Hope everything calms down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete