Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things...






I fell off the reading wagon again this week. With company in town, I was busy visiting instead of reading (or knitting!). However, I am happy to say that I have added the second skein of yarn to my Sassafras shawl. I'm determined. This weekend I would love to be finished. Mom and I plan on getting a lot of knitting in on Friday and Saturday. ;) On Tuesdays I visit my local coffee house as a weekly treat to myself and spend my morning focusing on knitting and sipping coffee. I've been chatting with another local and he asks me each time he sees me "Are you almost done? How much more?". He's a nice guy who is quite artistic and is showing a real interest in knitting (maybe I can convert him??).


I had to include a photo of Jessie from the other night when I was winding my skein of yarn into a ball. I think she has yarn radar because the second I start winding a ball of yarn, she magically appears. At first she sat on the floor, pupils fully dilated, watching and hoping that maybe, just maybe, I'd drop the ball and she'd have to catch it for me. Toward the end she seized a moment when I was distracted talking to Steve and eased herself onto the couch and situated herself right in the circle of yarn. This made it tricky, but I was more fearful of excusing her from my work and having her take it with her. At the last minute when the yarn came near her face she grabbed hold with her teeth and jumped from the couch! Oh Jessica.

Oh and in case you missed my post last week, if you're interested in participating in my Knitting Gift Event this summer, please let me know! I really hope we in the knitting/blogging community can do this.

Happy knitting!

14 comments:

  1. love the color of your sassafras shawl and can't wait to see it finished! jessie is just too cute!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessie is lucky she's so cute. She's taken off with so much yarn lately!

      I love this green. It has little specks of gold in there. Gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. She's a beautiful cat! Good luck finishing up your shawl, I can't wait to see it.
    I'm thinking about joining you for the summer, I'm just not sure taking on another project this summer is a good idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you decide to join up! I'm thinking of extending the timeline. Three months will go by fast and I know that everyone has plans for summer. :)

      Delete
  3. I think you might need to get ready to give a few lessons Emily! Your shawl is really coming along and the color is just stunning. I know you must be so excited for your Mom to arrive and please tell her hello for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too. The baristas keep asking me if I am close to being done yet! I'm willing to teach anyone who is a lefty!

      Mom says Hello!

      Delete
  4. Visiting is a good reason to fall off the wagon. My reading has been very thin recently. So has my knitting or any crafting for that matter. The coffeehouse visit sounds like a nice treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too. Things are getting busy around here, so I am definitely enjoying the time I have for knitting and reading!

      Delete
  5. I love Jessie's interest in knitting....or is it yarn? Anyways, cats are so funny to watch! Love your shawl and I see it growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's yarn. She's a yarn snob, really.

      Delete
  6. I have my Bite Me shawl on the floor of my craft room/spare bedroom. I keep having to shoo my Jack Russell away from laying on it while it blocks. I guess all animals are like that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are. And what is the obsession with laying on damp objects?? The last thing I want is to lay on something wet, but these cats here think it's great. Yeck!

      Delete
  7. Sassafras is looking wonderful!!!! Visiting/knitting time---your fingers will be flying and you'll hardly know it! Jessie sure is concentrating hard.....look out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes.. I got a bit of knitting done this past week while visiting, but then I end up talking more!!

      Delete