Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things...





I'm on the last 10 rows of my shawl! Okay, so I didn't meet the deadline of having it done by today (again). I'm just going to not give myself any deadlines for this. It's so close to being finished that when it happens, it will happen. Of course being so close to finishing my shawl, I needed to cast on another project (something easily portable!).

Remember at the beginning of the year I declared this was the year for socks? Erm.. well, I haven't really made any socks yet. I did whip up the pair for my Dad in January, and I started my Atlantis socks (but I need help again with the pattern). Mom ordered the Corn Maize sock pattern for herself, but realized it was charted and asked if I wanted it. I'm going to help her ease her fear of charts this year. I promise! Anyway, of course I happily accepted the pattern. And since I just so happened to have some yummy sock yarn on hand, I couldn't resist!

I'm still reading, and enjoying, Mary Sutter. I've carved out about 45 minutes every morning for just reading, so I am happily reading on.



Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Oh the excitement of being so close!
    Please tell you mom for me that chart knitting is super easy.I was so afraid of them, but once I learned how to read them I was so surprised at just how easy it is.
    Have a happy yarn along day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think I spend more time dreaming of it being done, then actually finishing it. LOL

      I keep telling Mom that charts aren't so bad. She said last night that the one of these socks looks pretty easy and that she might be able to handle it.

      Delete
  2. I go back and forth on charts. Some time I prefer it written out others I find the chart so much easier. Those socks look fun. Good luck on the shawl. I am usually optimistic too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too. The Atlantis socks have so many symbols that I prefer it written out.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes those last few rows seem to never end! I can't wait to see it :) And the socks too. I think I'm about to attmempt some myself - fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! I'm getting antsy to finish.

      Socks! Yay socks!

      Delete
  4. I try not to give myself deadlines, and if I do I try to make them very generous! Good luck getting your project done!!

    ReplyDelete