Sunday, May 27, 2012

Weekending

Thank you to everyone for keeping my father and family in your thoughts and prayers for his surgery.


Dad's surgery was a success, but the surgeon realized once he was in there that there was far more damage than originally they had expected. Ever so thankful that it didn't go another two weeks. 


As of today he is still in the ICU, but most of the wires and tubes have been removed. I haven't been able to speak to him yet, but I am hoping today he will feel up to a brief call. The focus now has been moved to locating the root of the infection in his body and attacking it full force. The pathologist on his team is determined to not let him go home until there is an answer.

My weekend has consisted of:

coffee and open mic night
breakfast with family
more coffee with friends
studying
finishing a book
finishing my shawl
spending time with my little
guy as my bigger guy is out of town on business
Avoiding more homework
Looking forward to more time with family

Joining up with Amanda on this beautiful weekend.

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update Emily as I have been thinking of you too. I hope you and your 'guy' are having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey. :) Chase and I spent a good portion of our weekend reading various books. It was hard to plan going outdoors because the weather shifted so much here. It was a nice, quiet weekend.

      Delete
  2. oh so sorry to hear about your dad being in the hospital but thankful he seems to be moving into health. hope he is restored to perfect health soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. He's going in for a pacemaker today, but hopefully can come home by the end of the weekend.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful shawl!
    And I really hope your dad will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am your newest follower. Glad to read that your father is improving....surgery is always a worry. I think I may get that book you finished and read it. Sounds like one I would like. I look forwad to following. Maybe I missed it, but I was wondering what you are going to school for. Thanks for a very nice and interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! So nice to meet you!

      Mary Sutter was a wonderful book. If you pick it up, let me know. I would love to discuss it.

      Oh school.. well I was originally planning on social work last year, but my interests are changing right now. I'm going to focus on more science courses this fall.

      Delete
  5. I am so happy that everything is okay :) Take care of yourself as well!! psst, love the shawl and I friended you on Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Not sure why we weren't friends on Ravelry yet :)

      Delete
  6. so glad the hospital team is going to be aggressive with this....hopefully will take care of the trouble this time around! Your shawl is lovely!!!! (I just got that book on audiotape! Hope it is good.) Have fun with your guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As am I! This last surgery was far too close for comfort. Thank you! Enjoy the book!

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear your Dad is recovering well. Playing catch-up on blog reading now that my semester is over. I hope they find the source of the infection and can deal it with it!

    ReplyDelete