Wednesday, June 13, 2012

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things...






I took a break from yarn along last week because the only knitting I had accomplished was the Hugs and Kisses bracelet. Mom saw the bracelet as a kit in a knitting magazine and ordered one for me (I love being the test guinea pig!). I definitely see myself making more of these little bracelets. It was a nice, quick little knit, and the kit it came in included needles, yarn, pattern, travel yarn cutter/needle threader. The difference between my bracelet in this picture and the one on my Ravelry page is that the bracelet went through the wash yesterday and tightened up a bit (much to my liking!).

Oh and my socks.. they were neglected last week. I've opted to go with shorter socks so one is ready for the heel, the other is about ten rows from that point. I love this pattern so much!

Reading.. well.. I finished the other two books in the Fifty Shades trilogy last Monday. I just could not put them down the previous week. I loved them! By book three I was a bit annoyed with the "adult content" and admittedly did skim over some of the bedroom scenes (Okay, I get it, you have sex! Great for you! Now.. can we get back to the issue at hand here?). I found the trilogy to be light and fun. The interaction of Ana's "Inner Goddess" and her "Conscious" kept me amused.

Since finishing the trilogy I haven't picked up any reading for pleasure. Everything I am absorbing right now is strictly for academic purposes and let me tell you.. reading an accounting manual is BORING! I have two weeks left in one class, so my mind is focusing on studying and the weekly tests and quizzes. I think once this class is over in two weeks, things will settle down. I have another class that ends in a month, and the accounting class goes until August. They weren't kidding when they said these summer classes fly!

Okay.. I'm going to quickly check on a few blogs and get ready to head off to school for the morning.

Have a lovely Wednesday!

xoxo

14 comments:

  1. cute bracelet! but I love LOVE those socks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am loving these socks, too! I have two more pairs of socks to knit this summer (well, I have the yarn for two more pairs..) and I am wondering if it will be overkill to use the same pattern. It's just so fun to knit!

      Delete
  2. What a cute bracelet. I have seen the XO pattern before and love it (almost made a vest with it for Aine, but she chose hearts). Glad you enjoyed the shades books. I keep hearing about them, and am waiting patiently for the library to have my copy. Love the patterning and color for the socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the bracelet. I think that it will be fun to make and give these out in different colors. The kit is from the website: www.knitouttathebox.com Mom says she's going to order the "texting mittens" pattern next.

      I think you'll enjoy the Fifty Shades books. There was definitely a lot going on to keep one on their toes!

      Delete
  3. I agree, love the socks-especially the pattern and the bracelet is cute!! Boo to the boring reading..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo indeed! Class is breaking my brain on a regular basis this week. My plan was to start reading Sheepish this week, but Monday a classmate came up to me in the lobby and asked for help with the assignment and now a group has formed! Oh well. Only a couple of more weeks. :)

      Delete
  4. I love the socks and bracelet! Both look like such fun patterns. Good luck with finishing up your class! And I hope the accounting flies by too so you can get on to more interesting books ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all about fun knits this summer. I require entertainment from my patterns, LOL!

      I hope accounting flies by, too. Right now it's sitting there as a large lump that I am trying to ignore for one.more.day.

      Delete
  5. Knitting is all looking good :) Especially the socks!
    I say trawl the yarn along for book ideas (I keep pushing the one I was reading at everyone lol because it was really good)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, the book you're reading DOES sound good! You have my attention with it! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Emily! I could not agree with you more.

    My friends and I were discussing the series via emails and one of the things I remember writing is, "Don't these two do anything besides screw?! Geez!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee hee! By the third book I was like "Gee... here's a shock.." and just sort of rolled my eyes. I mean, I was hooked on the series, and not for this particular part.. more action! less "action"! :)

      Delete