Wednesday, June 6, 2012

We All Fall Down

I've been trying for two days to write a post about things, but my heart has not been in it.

I made a comment over the weekend that I think migraines are the body's way to get you to slow down and I fully believe it. After the past two weeks of worrying about my dad's health, over-stressed about class, I finally succumbed to a migraine Saturday afternoon and stayed in bed until Sunday morning. I should have known one was brewing because Friday, despite Steve taking me to Frankenmuth for the day to cheer me up, I was on the verge of tears the entire time. At that time I didn't know what was going on with Dad's health (they decided not to install a pacemaker) and I was scared. He texted and called me when I was in class Saturday morning and let me know he was happy to be home. We talked for a while. Everything, tentatively, is good.

So I needed the rest and my body demanded it. I ignored my homework for the rest of the weekend and took care of Me. Stressing is just too exhausting.

Gradually I am getting myself back on track again. I've ignored my accounting work long enough and am ready to tackle the lectures. Steve has been out of town a lot, again, so it's just been me and Chase, and I have been dedicating my time to him mostly (he's learning how to solder). There is just too much wonderful going on around me and I don't want to miss it. School is important, I agree, and I don't take any of my classes lightly. But I have been down this road before where I let one particular thing dominate my life and I just won't let it happen again.

So for now, I am going to enjoy the time when my husband is in town, enjoy my friends, my knitting, my reading, even my classes, and most importantly enjoy those simple moments with Chase.


8 comments:

  1. I do hope your migraine goes away. Take time to take care of yourself-thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Karen! Last week was just plagued with migraine, bounceback migraine, and stress headaches. It just was an ick week in general. All is well once again!

      Delete
  2. Emily, thank you for taking the time to share what is happening in your world and with your dad. I think of you often and it's nice to know you are okay. I don't blame you for soaking in as much time with Chase as you can, it goes by so quickly. Take care of yourself my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey. I realized that time is slipping away with Chase and I am struggling to keep him little and let him grow up at the same time.

      I'm thinking of you often!

      Delete
  3. I am glad you are remembering to take care of you. Stay balanced, dear Emily. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a full week of hiding under cuddly girls while reading time. Cuddly little arms have a way of help, enjoy your time with your family. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree that cuddly arms make almost everything better.

      Delete