Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things...


Progress! Both heels are turned and I am working on the "foot" section of these wonderful socks. Nothing beats carrying a freezer bag full of tiny little needles. And yes, my "luxury" reading so far this week was my newest issue of Food Network magazine. It arrived as we were heading to the farmer's market yesterday afternoon, so I took it with me and read it cover to cover at the coffee house post market trip. There are a lot of great recipes in there! Chase snagged the "50 milkshakes" insert and has started making a list.

I received notification from the library that after five months on the wait list, Townie is finally ready to be picked up. I'll be making my way to the library soon to pick it up.

Okay.. time to get ready for class and another scorcher. Stay cool and happy knitting!

16 comments:

  1. I love how fun your socks are. Can't beat them for portability. I think Eamon would have snagged the same insert. He wrote down a smoothie recipe while we were at the grocery store yesterday. Stay cool, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still wondering if it will be overkill for the pattern if I make socks for my Mom and Steve's Mom using it. I think I love this pattern so much because it keeps you on your toes (tee hee). It really is working at a nice pace, too.

      Oh Chase is on a smoothie kick right now, too! We picked up raspberries at the farmer's market yesterday and he is insisting on smoothies now (so much so he that he goes on about how LONG it has been since I made him any..sigh..).

      I hope you guys stay cool over there, too! Relief is a few days away for us, but they're talking about how the East Coast is going to be hit.

      Delete
  2. That's really pretty sock yarn and a beautiful stitch pattern. I like to knit them two at a time, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thinking knitting them two at a time is the best idea!

      Delete
  3. I am turning heels too and am so excited, I have had my pair of socks on needles for too long.
    Although the Food Network is my favorite channel, I have never read the magazine so will have to pick up a copy. Please let us know how you like Townie, I popped over to see what is about and it sounds like a good read.
    I hope you stay cool, we are cooler than normal this year, it makes up for the hot winter we had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I was not able to pick up Townie before my hold (they hold them for 24 hours! Ugh!) was up. I'll try and grab it in the next week or so, though.

      I love the FN magazine. I get a lot of really great recipes from them (and their programs!).

      Can't wait to see your socks!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful yarn! Are you knitting two socks simultaneously on two sets of needles, there? I hadn't thought of doing it like that.
    It doesn't happen very often but I love those times when I get to sit and indulge in a foodie magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am! It really does help prevent the second sock syndrome.

      This was a rare treat to actually sit and be able to enjoy the magazine. I think the last one that came out I still haven't looked at! Oops.

      Delete
  5. five months? That seems like a long time! Must be good. I bet you will be mixing up some yummy milkshakes very soon. Love the color of your yarn !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's good! The library had one copy of the book when I requested it (it was checked out at the time). It soon went on the "lost list" so it is now finally available!

      Delete
  6. how smart of you to work on both socks at the same time! no second sock syndrome for you!! i might have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, but you knit socks like I drink coffee -- fast! :)

      Delete
  7. Based upon the book description, it sounds like it will be worth the five month wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Me too! I'm in a pinky mood right now.

      Delete