Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along


From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..







After finishing the first sock and deciding it just wasn't fitting right, I went back and added more rows. Finally my corn maize socks are complete! I really enjoyed this pattern and am looking forward to making a few other pairs in the future.

Reading wise -- I'm studying up on Maine. When I was little we used to spend time on Frye Island during the summer (not to mention trips to LL Bean). Chase has expressed an interest this year in wanting to vacation in Maine. Granted, Chase wants to go during winter, but I think I have convinced him that a summer trip next year would be possible. So for the past two weeks I have been working on a travel guide for us. Of course we can't just go to Maine. We have other places to stop along the way. If everything works out, we'll be taking two weeks at the beginning of summer next year and exploring the Northeast.

Oh that little purply thing? Well, today is Jessica-4's birthday. Chase asked me last night as he was heading to bed if I had made her a toy (no.. the thought honestly hadn't crossed my mind). Jess is his baby (though she oftentimes treats him like her baby) and he wanted her to have a new toy. Knowing that Jess likes ball shaped toys, I decided to make her an octopus. Currently she is happily batting it around the living room.

I find myself in an interesting standpoint with knitting right now. I am over my "I must knit for myself!" kick, and have no projects waiting for my attention (well, my sweater is, but I just don't want to work on it right now). So I am not sure what I am going to knit between now and when the mystery KAL starts next week.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!

12 comments:

  1. LOVE the socks and the pattern. Happy birthday to Jess. We have been exploring on what to do in September (just the two of us). Maine has been one of the topics-too many cool places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oh I think you should seriously consider Maine! There is so much to see and do.

      Delete
  2. Your socks are so pretty. Excellent job!

    Why not take a break from knitting for a week?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen!

      I tried taking a break, I really did, but when the knitting stopped, my creative mojo stopped, I swear! I found something to keep me occupied for now. :)

      Delete
  3. Your socks turned out wonderfully. I am impressed. Maine is on my list, but I have yet to figure out how to visit. AZ is very far from ME and even though we are closer while in DC it seems far. Dave and I did notice how beautiful the country gets as we travelled north this past weekend. Maybe ME should move closer to the top of the list. Glad Jess got her toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. :)

      You should definitely consider ME while you are closer right now. I am looking forward to losing myself along the coast line for a few days.

      Delete
  4. Love the socks! And Maine holds a very special place in our family - DH grew up visiting every summer with his grandfather (and other family) and he can't wait to take our boys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh I bet your boys would absolutely love visiting ME!

      Delete
  5. I have never been to Maine, but it has been on my 'to go visit' list for awhile, what a fun trip that would be.
    I love the socks Emily. I hope school is going well and all is happy in your world. Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey!

      School is going well so far, and I actually need to register for fall classes today (eeep!). I'm looking forward to a break, though!

      Delete
  6. Your socks turned out really pretty!

    ReplyDelete