Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..


I tried taking a break from knitting while waiting for the mystery KAL to start, but it's like when the needles stopped clicking together, my creative juices stopped flowing in all of my projects. Saturday I decided to pick up a book and pick up the needles. I've had Sheepish for a while now, and with one class done, and another finishing this coming Saturday, it was time to start reading for fun again.

My only two regrets about Sheepish is that I waited so long to start it, and that I finished it Monday and I am craving more. What a wonderful memoir! It just solidifies my desire to have five sheep (I've been going on about this for years to Steve). I ordered a copy for Mom because I know she will love it as much as I did.

As for the knitting.. this may end up being a very long term project. That super lacy yarn is certainly something... This project stays at home because I am afraid of getting it dirty. I'll see how it goes over the next week and if it seems to be working out, I'll discuss more.

I also knitted up two more cat toys (pigs this time). It started with one, a request from my Mom for a friend of hers, but Jess found it hiding in my school bag and took off with it. So I worked up another one to send my Mom last night (Jess thought that one was for her today).

Okay! Time to get back into the school groove. Have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation, I'll look for it! You cannot take a break from knitting, it's a must do activity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would definitely enjoy Sheepish, Karen. :)

      Oh no, I could definitely not stop knitting. My hands felt so empty!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the book recommendation, it sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it!

      Delete
  3. I have been going on about sheep to Mike too, but he just shakes his head at me;) I guess there is a reason you don't see any sheep running around down here.
    Hooray for finishing up classes and getting to read for fun.
    I am now very curious about what is on your needles, the yarn looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell you what, Tracey .. if I ever get my sheep, you can come up and visit them! Then I can come down to your place and visit your farm. :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the final class. I want sheep too. First we have to find a good place to live. We are very much wanting to move to the midwest (MI mostly), but Dave is having a hard time finding a job. I am intrigued by your new project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me what Dave is looking for and I can keep an eye out if you'd like.

      This class is dragging on. I am really not happy with my group (this last project only one group member and I did it, while the other two were consistently unavailable to help!) and am so ready to be done.

      Delete
  5. Good luck finishing up your class! And yay for fun reading. I can't wait to see your new project progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful book. Hmmm...wonder if my library has it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your library does -- mine didn't!

      Delete
  7. having sheep sounds like a dream. i hope you get your own someday emily. the yarn color looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too. My Mom had a sheep when we lived in NC years ago. They just complete a farm.

      Delete
  8. I adored Sheepish!!! I would want someone like her partner, though, who would actually take care of the sheep!!!! :) lovely yarn!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Mom and I have talked about it, and we figure that she, me, and Chase could easily handle five sheep. He's young enough to do all the really hard stuff! LOL!

      Delete