Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..






Not a whole lot has changed on the knitting front this week. I realized last Wednesday that I made a mistake on my Laramie shawl so I had to frog and start again. Then frog and start again! I'm not quite sure where I was making the mistake early in the pattern, but I finally had the right amount of stitches. I think this progress picture I am at the same point I was a week ago. Thankfully I am off from the DPNs and on a circular! Whew!

And you can't really tell in this picture, but I am in the process of finishing the MKAL shawl now, too. I have about 12 rows so far on the "wings" section. A lot more rows to go, I'm afraid.

I did a gauge swatch for the sweater I am knitting for Mom this year and I am anxiously waiting to cast on for it. I have to get this MKAL out of the way first. I also have been thinking of other things to knit this week. So many project ideas!

This week I re-read a beach favorite: Life's A Beach. I needed light reading material and something with sand in it.

Happy Knitting!

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the mystery shawl. You've really piqued my curiosity.

    Claire Cook just came out with a new book:
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wallflower-in-bloom-claire-cook/1107043563?ean=9781451672763

    I knew the name sounded familiar and now I realize that she wrote Must Love Dogs. Love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think knitting just likes to mess with us! Glad you making progress on your Laramie.
    I haven't read Life's a Beach, but think it's something I would really enjoy. I made a promise to myself to hit the beach several times a week for the rest of the year and I want to keep that promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I hate starting again, but sometimes it has to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I think frogging is my hobby as opposed to knitting...love the kittie..mine would be trying to lay on the shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you fix your mistake and power through. I really get irritated with myself when that happens. I usually put it in a time out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frogging is so discouraging! That kitty looks like she is up to something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really love your project! and what a cute cat! :)

    ReplyDelete