Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..

Well good morning! I've been a tad bit busy over the past week (hence no post last week), but I am back now!

(Sage really likes the hat I made and was hoping he would get to lay down on it)

Let me tell you.. first and foremost I am really over this MKAL shawl. I'm still on the first "wing" of it, getting closer to be done with it, but even though it is really easy knitting, it's really boring. Last week I put it up for a couple of days for a challenge. I used my opossum yarn and turned it into a hat! Now I am just waiting for a cooler day to wear it. I think it will be wonderful this winter.

The shawl is to a point where I don't want to take it out with me if I go someplace and my knitting should tag along. Those two balls of yarn are annoying and seem to escape the bag and end up in my purse (you know.. tangled with my keys.. a pencil..my wallet). My new travel project is Mom's sweater. I'm still working on the ribbing, of course, but it is at a great portable state right now.

To be honest, I really have not had a lot of time to knit this week. As a matter of fact, I think the last time I picked up my needles was on Sunday evening. However, I have been able to read so I started The Midwife and finished reading it yesterday afternoon. I knew I would love it. PBS is going to start running the series Call the Midwife next month based off this memoir so I wanted to be ready. I was not disappointed! I think my favorite character was Sister Monica Joan. I really loved the peek into 1950's midwifery.

With my morning free, I think I will work on that pesky shawl some more.


Happy knitting!


10 comments:

  1. I absolutely hate hate hate it when a project bogs down and becomes a chore. That's when I usually put it in time-out; sometimes I actually don't hate it when I get around to it again. good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's when I put it a project in time-out, too. I'm ready to finish it now, I just have to find the time!!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're back! Oh yarn that misbehaves and gets tangled in purse items is something I know well, bad yarn! I hope cool weather arrives soon so you can wear your hat and I can wear my sweater!
    Have you thought anymore about heading to the beach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am forever thinking of heading to the beach. My dad and stepmom just went for an overnight (his first real venture since his repeat surgery in May) to Duck, NC and now the itch is back with me! Sadly I don't see an ocean beach trip happening this year. I'm trying to convince Steve we need to head south in the spring for our anniversary, though!

      Delete
  3. I hope your shawl starts playing nice again. Have you tried storing the yarn in two separate ziptop bags? That might cut down on the wanting to mate with your keys, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually what I've been doing, but I am guessing I am a bit too aggressive when I pull the yarn I am working with and the ball jumps the bag. LOL!

      Delete
  4. You need to watch a ton of tv shows that are talky talky to power through the boring knitting. I powered through my husband's sweater while watching HP movies that I've seen many many times. It works for me! It does look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I have been doing, LOL! I actually started watching 90210 (the original from the 90's) via Netflix again just so I could have mildly entertaining background noise. I also worked on this shawl while watching Downton Abbey Seasons 1 & 2.

      Delete
  5. I´ve been trying to finish a sweater I started spring 2011, pregnant with my third child I thought it would be good to have for the last trimester...my son is almost 1 now and I´m so not finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh I am so sorry! It's amazing what projects loose their appeal sometimes.

      Delete