Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..





I think that when Mom and I get together and knit at the coffee house, I end up talking more and knitting less. It's just so nice to have Mom here to knit with!

The paprika yarn in the background is a secret project I am working on currently. I started it on the way to Mackinac Island, and frogged it about three times over the weekend, before starting on the way home and doing my own thing when it came to the ribbing. Finally I am at a good place with it! The hats I started before we left and I took with me? Yep.. forgot one of the dpns at home so they didn't get worked on that much. I could not happily divide the stitches over three needles and there was not enough to justify using the circular. Oh well! It's something I can work on at home when I have the time.

The blue in the foreground is the Sunday Sweater Mom is working on for the daughter of her tattoo artist (she has been knitting for this little girl since she was a newborn). Mom is using Lamb's Pride wool in Tahiti Teal.

The beautiful variegated yarn is mine(!) that I picked up in the UP over the weekend. It's Farmhouse Yarns -- Andy's Merino II in Caribbean. It is so soft and wonderful. I have plans for this and some winter knitting.

Reading wise, I have started nor continued anything new. I know, I'm boring. Mom has read everything I had left out for her upstairs and finished reading Call the Midwife while we were on vacation.

Mom is going back to Indiana today and will return for Christmas. She is going to be missed terribly.

Happy knitting!
xoxo 

3 comments:

  1. I know you have had the best time with your Mom and hopefully the time won't seem too long before she is back.
    I can't wait to see what you make with the variegatd yarn, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodbyes are hard but at least you can start a new countdown to when she visits again! I am all for secret knitting projects and the yarn is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. family time is FUN time always!!!! I know you'll miss your mom, but at least you have another visit to look forward to!!!
    love all the secret stuff going on with your knitting!!! enticing---hope you can share sometime!

    ReplyDelete