Thursday, October 4, 2012

Yarn Along -- A day late

I know we're a day late this week. I worked the morning shift yesterday and was exhausted in the evening so I didn't get a picture of what Mom and I are up to these days knitting wise.

I actually have three secret knitting projects going on, one of which I can't work on while Mom is here. The other two I am thinking of hauling up to Mackinac this weekend to work on. But on to what I can share!


I haven't started reading anything new right now. I did catch the first episode of Call the Midwife on PBS and I was not disappointed! Mom just finished reading The Language of Flowers and says she thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't wait to find out which of the books I left in her room she will tackle next.

The project in the back is Mom's latest the One Day Neck Warmer. She actually just finished it, so I made her a page on ravelry for it. As soon as I know the yarn she used, I'll update the project page. I do know that the color the yarn bled which onto her hands and needles and really disappointed her. She says she'd like to knit more of these, but would be extremely cautious as to the yarn she chooses for it in the future.

I'm working on an Amstel Hat and am using Malabrigo Silky Merino in Celeste. I have enough yarn that I am hoping to make a hat for myself and one for Mom, too. The plan was to have both knitted by the time we left for vacation this weekend, but I am still on hat #1 due to a burn on my left hand. I'm hoping to get lots of knitting in tonight at knitting group!

Tonight we are heading off to the knitting group for more knitting and socializing. Tomorrow I will be packing up my project bag for the weekend. I think Mom has said she wants to go through my yarn stash and see what I have readily available to be used because she is itching to be working on something else right now.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your burn isn't too bad Emily! I am always burning myself in the kitchen and I know how bad it can hurt.
    Love the hat pattern you are using and I bet that yarn feels like butter. What a shame about your mom's yarn and I hope she had fun digging around in your stash.
    Have a super time on vacation and please tell your Mom I said Hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. makinac sounds pretty wonderful this time of year----bet it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete