Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..





I am so giddy to report that the sleeves are attached to the sweater and I am decreasing on the front/back of Mom's sweater! Sunday I was ready to attach the sleeves (and I don't typically enjoy this part) so I hauled all the sweater pieces over to Karen's house and had her cheer me on. When it comes to sew the seam under the arm I'll get her assistance again to help line it up (that's the part I really don't like). Since the end is near, I have put down the secret knitting to focus on this only.

I got clarification on if I can read during quiet time at work (I can), so I am planning on hauling books with me to read when I can. Knitting can stay at home (or knitting group) and my free time in the mornings I typically dedicate to studying and homework so there isn't a lot of reading time available.

Last week Steve was working in Ohio and two of the days he was in Orrville (Home of Smuckers!). While there he also went by Lehman's and snagged the book Backyard Sugarin' for me from my book wish list. I am ever determined to make our city plot of land work for us, and tapping our Maple tree is tops on that list. I'm not expecting a huge production of syrup, just a few jars that we can have in our pantry. Plus I think it would be a fun activity to at least try.

Other than that I have been hunting down projects for all of my newly acquired yarn. I think it makes Steve nervous when he sees boxes of yarn out, but I just have to gently remind him that at I'm merely knitting, not buying. ;)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  

8 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have maple trees--we've just got an ash that the previous owners planted (well, and then all the fruit trees we've planted since) so there's no hope of planting a maple and ever getting syrup out of it in our lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just have the one (okay, we have small one in the front yard, too), and it is MASSIVE! I figure if it's going to take up a good portion of our back yard (and shade everything it possibly can reach), I might as well get something (other than blissful summer shade) from it.

      And I am really jealous of your apple trees! I wish I had room for one, or twelve!

      But see.. if the maple sugaring goes well, I can send you a jar! And there will be honey in a couple of years, too. Then you can send more of your fabulous apple butter. :)

      Delete
  2. planning the next knit is one of life's greatest pleasures! Good to see you sweater progress, it won't be long now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love planning new projects! I am so excited to start them.

      Delete
  3. it is looking so good emily! good luck with the sugaring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so close. I love the way the sweater is shaping up. And what fun plans for your homestead ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I was so wanting to be done by now, but a lost skein of yarn has halted everything!

      Delete