Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..  





The only books I have even looked at in the past week were my textbooks so I didn't include them in this photo (plus it would be hard to since they're both etexts ;-) ). It was so busy last week with the start of the semester and extended hours in my office that I just was exhausted to post to Yarn Along.

I'm extremely excited about the progress I have made on Mom's sweater! I have only four more inches to go on the body before the sleeves come in to play and this makes me giddy. It looks good, it feels good, and I can knit the pattern rows in a flash of time it seems. I've been taking it with me and knitting in the car before I go into work, but I think I might actually bring it in today (and not just because it's 2 degrees out). Every time I wear a knitted creation to work, the girls in my department Ooo and Aahh and I tell them I'm extremely lucky to have a talented Mom who keeps me happy in handknits. I'd like to show them what I am working on for her.

Oh and that little pink blurb? That's more secret knitting. Last week I said to myself that I needed to work on that secret project again because it is long overdue, but I have been so focused on the sweater lately. So I decided I would knit a certain amount on each. It was working until I realized I was almost done with the body of the sweater and the skein of yarn attached (I only have two more skeins! Eee!). So I will probably wait until Friday before I work on more of the secret project.

So how are you all doing? Are you staying warm? Staying busy? Have a wonderful week!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, I don't want to tell you it is supposed to be 80 degrees here today. I will sit in the sun a bit longer just for you! Love that you are so close to the sleeves. Your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's okay.. I don't mind hearing that it is warmer elsewhere. ;)

      Delete
  2. love the secret knitting, shh. Great progress on your mom's sweater! It'll be done in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am cruising right along on the sweater! I'm at the point where determination is driving me to the finish line. ;) Secret knitting will have to wait!

      Delete