Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?





Good morning and happy New Year to everyone! I am ready to start this year off with wonderful knitted awesomeness and so is Mom.

The sweater was Mom's Christmas sweater to Chase this year. It met his two requirements of it needing to be buttoned and it needing pockets (the gear buttons were a bonus).

The reddish item is a headband Mom knitted for me last week from yarn I've had in my stash (she was dying for a project!).

The teal color is was to be the sweater I was knitting for Mom. I just ran out of time, honestly. The sleeves are done, but then I hit a block where I just didn't want to knit. Twelve inches into the body of the sweater the mistake I made near the ribbing was bothering me so much that I ripped it all out. I'm hoping maybe this will be a Valentine's Day sweater instead.

And under all of that is a sweater Mom started knitting for herself. The pattern for her sweater is a Debbie Bliss pattern she found in a magazine. The yarn is Cascade Eco that we found at the yarn shop in Plymouth.

Reading wise, I have not read anything new as of late (I need to change that). Mom has been reading The Ranger's Apprentice series that Chase has been plowing his way through, too. She says that it is a great series for young adults.

So that is it for us. Happy knitting and reading!

4 comments:

  1. Emily, your Chase is one lucky young man, that sweater is beatiful. Did your mom have a pattern or did she just wing it? I would love to knit one just like it.
    My son loved the Ranger Apprentice books too. Has Chase read the Brotherband Chronicles? Another good series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey!

      Mom says she used Patons 713 "Aran Knits for the Family" -- the casual cardigan. She has the booklet she picked up a year or so ago and says it is the pattern on the back of the booklet. I'd check the Patons site and see if it is available!

      Mom read about the Brotherband Chronicles listed in the back of one of the Ranger books and is preparing to start that series for Chase as soon as he is current on this one! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. gorgeous knits! That sweater over the back of the chair is so intricate!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Mom does great work. :)

      Delete