Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..





I really had hoped to be showing a finished sweater this week. The sad thing is, I am so close to the end that I can taste it. What happened? I lost a skein of yarn! I kid you not. I keep excellent notes on how many skeins are used per section of a sweater project and I have used six (and I had seven on hand). I have no idea where that last skein has disappeared to. I know that when I started working on the sleeves very casually over the summer, I had a skein or two rolled into a ball shoved into one, or maybe two, different to-go bags. The only thing I can figure is that the last skein is hiding in one of these bags and I just can't find said bag. I went through three totes of yarn looking for it but no such luck. Thankfully an email to Leanne at Beaverslide informed me they still had the yarn in stock and a skein is making its way here. Whew! This weekend it will be finished. I want this sent to Mom in the next week.

Since I am definitely forced to stop working on the sweater, I've returned to my secret knitting and have also done two gauge swatches for upcoming projects. It would be so easy to start either one of those projects, but I have to get the secret knitting done soon.

To continue with my plan of making our property work for us, I am going to start beekeeping this spring. My big gift this past Christmas was an apiary, and I am patiently waiting to set things up outside and pick up my bees. I've had The Beekeeper's Handbook for a few months, but I finally sat down and read through it last week. I'm excited!

So how has everyone else been this past week? I plan on writing more of an update later this week when time permits. Happy Wednesday!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. bee keeping sounds exciting! You'll have to let us know how it goes. I hope you find that lost yarn. That would upset me and drive me nuts. Did you check the car? ask both parents if it's at their houses? Gee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I lost a needle this weekend while sitting in the car. How does one do that. It has seriously disappeared! I am sure your mom will love the sweater. And bees - very cool

    ReplyDelete