Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..



It's finished!

The last minute skein order arrived Thursday. I rushed home from knitting group excited to feel and smell that skein of yarn (of course I had to offer it to Jessie for a good whiff, too). My prediction of a snow (ice) day for Friday was on my mind and I figured I would spend my day knitting the last bit of this sweater.

And for the most part, that is what happened between cookie baking and game playing with Chase. :-) I officially finished the collar and the little bits and bobs on it Saturday morning. Hooray! I plan on taking it to knitting group tomorrow evening and then it is off to Indiana for Mom. I begged her to please have my brother take pictures of her in it for me. Chase tried it on (and of course it's too big on him) and it looks good, but I think it will look best on the person it was meant for.

I haven't knitted since (I'm shocked, too!). Sunday was just too busy, and Monday the schools were closed again due to ice (I still had work, however) and last night I was dozing off before 9. I plan on taking my secret knitting with me to work on in the car before work today. I'm ready to finish this project and move on to the others I have lined up.

I did start reading a new book this week during quiet moments at work: Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend. I'm not too far into the book just yet, but I have learned about Budo (the imaginary friend) and the little boy who thought him up, Max. So far it is a slightly funny, heartwarming story. I know this book is going to make me cry.

So what is everyone else up to? I hope to stop by and visit with you all today!

Happy Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. yay for a finished sweater!! I bet you are happy now. I love books that make me a little emotional, just not buckets emotional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to be done! I really need to get it sent now, lol.

      Yes, I love a good book that pulls at my heartstrings but I don't want to be left an emotional wreck, either.

      Delete
  2. Wooo Hoooo!! What a great sweater. I sometimes find myself knit-less after a big achievement too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is always good to have a day to breathe (I just took a few more) after a big knit is done.

      Delete
  3. The sweater looks awesome. Congrats on getting it done. Good luck with the secret knitting. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for following along! :)

      Delete