Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..








I'm still chugging along with my secret knitting. I have given myself a deadline of March 1st to be finished with this project. I don't like deadlines, but in this case, I really need it. A gift is waiting to be sent that relies on this project to be complete. So a deadline it is! And actually, I'm doing pretty well at keeping up with this project. But I am ready to move on to something new, and I have projects waiting to be cast-on.


I finished reading Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend over the weekend. I just couldn't put it down. Oh Budo..sweet wonderful Budo. I loved him even though he wasn't my imaginary friend, and I loved his human friend just as much.


I'm taking a turn in a different direction with my latest read. My brother loves the Dresden Files series of books and sent the first four books to Chase to read with the strict instructions that I read them, too. Well, Chase finished the series he had been reading and picked up Storm Front on Monday. By the time I came home from work he was done with it! So I have started to read it. Not too much to report three chapters in. Harry Dresden is a wizard in modern-day Chicago. Sort of a wizarding detective, if you will.


Alright, I'm off to knit for a bit. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh deadlines, I am not a fan either, but I guess they do help in the motivation department.

    I have been wanting to read Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend and will have to get that ordered. Thanks for saying you loved it, that's the kind of recommendations I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you meet your deadline because then we can see the secret! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Memoirs and was so glad that I was chosen to get an advance copy of the book.

    I'm so glad to see you back for Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi emily, i hope you meet your deadline too, you will! the book sounds good, i'm off to queue it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete