Saturday, March 9, 2013

The quiet

There are many reasons why I've been quiet around here for two weeks now. Everything and everyone is okay, I just needed a little blogging break.

Two weeks ago we lost power for two days when a limb came down on our power lines during winter storm Rocky. That was the beginning of my silent fest. Then this week is spring break out at the college and I have been enjoying the earlier closing hours (and the fact I'm ahead in my classes and can enjoy the time).

Steve has spent a good portion of his time this year out of state working. This week he actually has been close to home and I have been loving having him around. It certainly gets lonely when he is gone for so long. He'll be heading out again next week for at least two days so I am sucking up all of the time I can with him.

Chase is continuing on his path of independence. He has insisted that I not chaperone his field trip to the medical school next week, and does not want me to come in to pick him up after a Scout meeting. I'm watching him grow up and stand on his own two feet and I am both proud and sad at the same time.

And now as I sit here finishing my first cup of coffee, I hear the stirrings of my family waking up for the day. We have adventures planned for this beautiful Saturday.

Happy weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy these times, Emily. I am hoping your weekend is full of much magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to relax and spend the time with those we love best. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily! Glad to know that everything is going well at your place. Enjoy your together time. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete