Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..




It does seem like forever since I posted with the yarn-along.  It's not for a lack of knitting, trust me! Balancing work, school, family (including a child with a cold and a cat with a health crisis), I have just not felt like blogging. I read and catch up on blogs while I'm at work when there are a few quiet moments, but haven't had a chance to really reply. 

Two weeks ago our family went off to the spring fiber expo. It was about a third of the size of the fall one (and no camel, sadly), but it was still a lot of fun. Chase goes for the lady with the angora rabbits. He fell in love with one that was for sale and was trying to convince me how he had to have her (even told me he would use the money he earned shoveling snow this winter to buy her). I convinced him that instead of buying the rabbit I would buy a ball of her roving (the gray tribble looking blob there) and would spin it into yarn and eventually knit him something snuggly. Now I just need to learn how to use my wheel *sigh*. The pink roving has a bit of sparkle to it and was at a booth that had it in a "grab bag". It was no real purpose other than to be sparkly and pretty and soft. The yarn at the top of the picture I had to have not only for the mixture of blues and purples and black, but the name of the dye job is "Roller Derby Girl". Oh yes.

Knitting wise I am finishing up the last little bits of the secret knitting (See that little yellow curly down there?) and hope to be done with that by Friday. Whew! And because that project is almost done, I started a carry project that desperately needs to be the focus of my energies for a while. My friend Jody (who has gifted me with so much yarn in the past year) is in need of prayers. Her husband was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer that has spread to his liver and kidneys around Thanksgiving. I want her to have a prayer shawl, something not overly heavy (she lives in Florida), and something very large. I opted to go with the Vortex Shawl and I am using my stash of Quince&Co. yarn for it. I love this pattern because right now it's just repeating two rows. I pray for her Jody and her husband and family while I knit, and think of them only when working on it. It's also a nice project right now that I can keep in my purse and take with me so if I have a few moments before work, or waiting to drop Chase off at the bus, I can work on it. 
I heard about The Supremes at Earl's-All-You-Can-Eat a couple of weeks ago in an email blast from Barnes and Noble. After reading the first chapter online, I knew this book sounded too good to pass up. I have to say that so far, it was worth the gamble!

I hope everyone is enjoying this first day of Spring (we have flurries here today). Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see a post from you - it is such a crazy busy time isn't it? I am so sorry about your friends - I will pray for them too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for your friends....I'm involved with a prayer shawl ministry, too.

    ReplyDelete