Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..





I stopped reading Gone Girl two weeks ago. I honestly can say that every time I picked it up to read it left me feeling angry. Better not to continue on that moody path for now. I think part of me was looking for a light, cheerful read at the time and that book is definitely not it. I'll probably finish it later this year, but for now there are many aspects of the storyline and the writing style, that just irks me.

Instead, after much advice from Mom, I picked up the first book Debbie Macomber's Blossom Street series. Much better! This was exactly what I was looking for. I finished The Shop on Blossom Street last week and started A Good Yarn Monday night. I think that summer reading calls for light, enjoyable reading.

I'm on the last skeins of yarn for the sleeves for the sweater now. I was hoping to get a lot of car knitting done on Sunday, but I did four rows and put it up for the rest of our trip. I have other things I want to be working on and these sleeves seem to be dragging on. I decided the circular shawl I knit for Jody just does not meet my expectations. I wanted a bigger shawl, and even though I did make it larger than the pattern originally called for, it just is not what I wanted. I've been pulling it and guessing the size it might reach with blocking, but I think I am going to pull it all out and knit a new shawl for her instead. 

So that is where I stand right now. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I'm avoiding Gone Girl, I've read two of her other books and they are too "raw" for me. Congrats on the last skeins of yarn for the sleeves, nearly done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found the Blossom Street books. I love this series and am currently reading Hannah's List which is more recent and only vaguely related. Sorry you have to pull out the shawl but the sweater looks good.

    ReplyDelete