Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..


It's done! I am so excited that I finished my sweater this week. I was getting nervous since this is the first time I ever knitted a sweater for myself and adjusted a pattern to make it fit. I am so pleased with the results. I knew I wouldn't have enough yarn to do the big collar the pattern called for, especially after knitting the sleeves a bit longer, but I'm happy with the simple collar I went with. With the little bit of yarn I have left, I knitted a small pocket and stitched it on the left side this morning. So, so excited!

The only thing I need now are buttons or toggles. I have a few bee themed buttons in my stash, but I really want to stick with the toggles that was suggested for this pattern. I am hoping this weekend if I get the chance to visit a yarn shop in NY, I can find toggles that meet my needs.

Last week I finished the second book in the Blossom Street series, A Good Yarn, and was not disappointed! I love the characters in these books and am looking forward to continuing through the series.

Over the weekend I picked up a copy of Letters from Skye. B&N recommended it as a pre-release book to me and I was intrigued with the mention of WWI and WWII. So far I am enjoying it, and the easy correspondence between the two main characters.

I think my next task will be rolling the yarn for my road trip project into balls and possibly ripping out the old shawl to start the new shawl next week.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Stunning! How exciting to be done with the knitting part and are at the embellishing part. I think toggles will look smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sweater and your reading selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily - I am totally impressed with the sweater - love the sweater and it looks very comfortable.
    Congrats!

    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete