Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wednesday Yarn Along (a day late)

From Ginny: Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

Linking up with Small Things..



I have never knitted using two circular needles before. I found the irony in this considering A Good Yarn has the knitters doing so and it was written that it was much simpler. When I ordered the pattern and yarn a month ago with this being strictly a "road project", I ordered two circular needles because I prefer to knit both socks at the same time. Little did I know I'd actually need both of them. Ahem. Before we went on vacation I did cast the socks on one needle and couldn't figure out how it was done. Then I cast them on DPNs but I wanted to knit them as they were supposed to be knitted (and I feared losing tiny DPNs in the car). Off to youtube I went!


It just makes so much sense! I found this video to be extremely easy to follow. I did a practice run on larger needles just to make sure I got it, and then I started on my socks. Fun, fun, fun!

So the sock pattern is from Knitpicks and is called Toxic Socks. My notes for it will be here. I already know that my socks aren't going to be as long as those in the pattern. I shortened the ribbing to two inches instead of three, and will probably only do one more round of the pattern before starting the heel. I don't wear long socks, so I figured I would make a pair that I wouldn't bunch down around my ankles.

I'm still reading Letters from Skye. I admittedly haven't picked it up since last Thursday (things are extremely hectic at work), but I am hoping to carve out some reading time this weekend.

xoxo Happy Knitting!
 

3 comments:

  1. Skulls and cross bones :)
    Thanks for the link, Knitting on 2 Circs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sock pattern! I think I will always be a dpn girl however when I knit sleeves I use two circs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cool! I would totally knit them, hadn't I decided against colour work ever again (I'm currently doing a christmas sweater for my brother and am only half way through Rudolph and swearing in every row... ;-))

    ReplyDelete