Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday Yarn Along


I decided to take a break from sock knitting and put my heart and soul into a long term project. I've had my massive ball of Quince & Co. yarn that was scrapped from a former project waiting for a project, and I decided to finally start the trapezoid entrelac shawl pattern that I have had for a few months from my LYS. I fell in love with the display shawl last summer and took the entrelac class in the fall so I could knit that shawl. I know this will be time consuming (the cast-on row has 240 stitches!) so I am definitely in it for the long haul.

I was in need of something to read (even though I have a stack of books waiting) and after reading the experience a buddy of mine had, I decided to pick up something of Margaret Atwood's. I think that everyone has probably read The Blind Assassin so I was looking for something else that she had written and decided on The Handmaid's Tale. What an amazing tale of female dystopia. I only wish there was more as my heart was wrenched with each bit of Offred's struggle.

This is going to be an extremely busy week. Our short-staffed office will be three this week and down to just me by Thursday and Friday. And Saturday.. well Saturday we are going to Indiana to move Mom and her belongings back here. Permanently. Plus there are exams to study for. Just need to get through the next few days..

Linking up with Ginny..

Happy knitting and reading!

3 comments:

  1. I love projects with 200+ cast on stitches :) looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Handmaid's Tale is such a good one! And I bet you will love having your mom near you--I can't wait to see all the knitting you two will create. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the long term knitting. The yarn looks lovely. I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete